Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 8
spidey sense kicked in today.

which means literally nothing in the real world, but I did make a couple changes.

Decided to act on the cash in my taxable, and bought more ESTC.
Sold a bit more than I bought of ESTC in my 401k, and spread the proceeds amongst: NVEE, LK, and LVGO.

LK is not cheap, but I think China flu shaved a couple bucks off what was already a late entry. I liked the story before, but shied away until trade deal was done. With extensive monitoring of their population and iron-clad grip, I expect China gets this under control quickly and it becomes a non-story soon. LK will be a roller coaster, but I do think it has legs when viewed over 12 months. If I happen to get rapid increases sooner, I won't hesitate to bank profits though.

NVEE is an infrastructure play, which is way overdue in US. Plus they bought a mapping company, and have a small SaaS play in motion for their data. This is more a value play that I think is set for a rebound. 12-month view, but also selling on any ridiculous spikes.

LVGO is attractive for small market cap and high growth. Optionality seems good, in going after multiple health segments. tchalla has been a big fan for a while and his posts have kept this on my radar.

Still far and away the ESTC show. the other 3 are about a 30% allotment. Cash swizzled around and at about 12% or so.

With ESTC dragging their feet, I wanted to add some options in the mix that can grow and potentially be sold if ESTC is still too low.

Dreamer
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.