No. of Recommendations: 0
spoiler space

"I also thought Percy Weasley might be the one to buy it."

Wishful thinking. Though it will be interesting how the Weasley's react when Percy tries to come back into the family fold next book. Not visiting your dying father in the hospital is a pretty big thing to look over. He has Death Eater written all over him.

"especially when you consider the ambiguous Neville/Harry prophesy"

I re-read that prophesy five times. In fantasy novels, a prophesy is never what the characters first think it is. I'm wondering if what it really means is that in order for Voldemort to be destroyed, he has to kill Harry (Harry did show a willingness to die towards the end there)? Or Harry has to offer himself up? Naw, it's a childrens' series, he has to kill Voldemort.

"I did think that Harry finding Snape's memory of being bullied by James Potter and his homies revealing, and Harry's reaction to Snape after that, despite knowing the truth, is realistic: Snape's memories destroyed Harry's ideal dad and showed his feet of clay"

I thought that part was really interesting, too. I think the two need to come to terms with each other in the next book. Though Snape is quite the nit.

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.