No. of Recommendations: 0
spoilers (and I haven't even read the thing)

My 15 yr old daughter has been lost at Hogwarts for the last 2 days. I came home from having dinner with a friend at about 8 and saw that she was pretty close to the end. No one had died but she told me Mr. Weasly almost went down.

I came upstairs for about an hour and then went back down to check on her progress. I walked over to the couch and she looked up at me with big, teary eyes and said, "Sirius died - I cried really hard."

I had to ask who Sirius was as I didn't know. She explained that he was Harry's Godfather and then continued with,
"I liked him. Harry liked him. He was going to go live with him. It was just too sad."

So maybe it's no big deal for some people but for her it was pretty traumatic. I offered my sympathies and told her I was really sorry that it upset her so much. Then I said, "At least it wasn't Hagrid - a lot of people thought it would be Hagrid". She took some comfort in that.

P.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.