Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 9
SPOPs has been in existence less than four years!!! Value investing takes a lot more than four years to work - try ten.

Suggestion - Google a copy of Seth Klarman's "Margin of Safety" and read it. (It's out of print so you need to download it.)

I have made a fortune using Tom & the team's techniques in two stocks USG and YAHOO! I was down 50% on USG - bought a lot more - and it took six years for it to play out. YHOO has played out over three years.

Take a look at Bruce Berkowitz's Fairholme Fund - they own 19.5% of SHLD and have owned it for at least eight years or more - Berkowitz feels the real estate alone is worth more than the market cap.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/mh?s=SHLD+Major+Holders

I have high hopes for a turnaround in NES as well as EXETF.

Even a high flyer overnight success like Netflix was like watching paint dry when I bought my shares in 2005. After four years I was up a whopping 25% - now people ask me how did I know to buy it at $20/share - easy David G. picked it and I bought it - yet there was no great shakes in the first four years - the real secret is having the patience to hold on to a company for ten years and let the story play out.

Frank
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.