Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 2
Spot on Denny.

crossposting from the confessional at the Energy and Utilities board:

re: I wrote on 13 NOV
I decided to start building a position in TSLA as first in a basket of an energy storage companies.

Well that was a short wild ride. I took that off the table after an ~45% run-up since that time.

I'm convinced of the TSLA proposition. Especially taken with power storage part of the business and the residual income potential as a power reseller at charging stating. It's just that valuation... oy vey

So, I'll chill on TSLA till that gap just above $400 fills on the chart.
If anyone here has a better idea I'm all ears.

I'm a surfer but just not temperamentally suited for riding momentum waves. I get twitchy on big hairy stuff. So "know thyself" applies here. I'm more of a mellow fun wave sort of investor. Thus the "Nozrydr" handle applies.

I'm not saying it's completely rational. But the personal psychology of investing is a very real factor to grapple with. Probably lingering effect of y2k tech bubble trauma.

I'm more suited for DGI type buy and hold. I get uncomfortable if a stock isn't "showing me the money" regularly by putting some cash in hands.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.