Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I have researched this question, web site after web site. I can't find the answer, so I just thought I'd ask.

My wife does not have earned income. She has an IRA from a qualified 401k roll over. We have no intent to ever roll it back to another qualified plan so I am not worried about keeping it's qualified status.

I want to contribute $2,000 to her IRA without having to set up a new IRA account. The fool site on IRA's list ten types of IRA's, Spousal IRA is one of them. We qualify for that type of an IRA for her contribution.

My question is, can I contribute her spousal $2,000 to her existing qualified IRA rollover account instead of having to set up an specific spousal IRA account? I really do not want another investment account to track if I can avoid it.
Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.