Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
squarepegs wrote:

Hi Fools!
I'm getting set to buy a new car, and I'm considering getting fog lights as a dealer accessory. I live in an area that sees fairly heavy fog with high frequency, so I thought I'd make it easier on myself. But a friend of mine just told me that he didn't think his fog lights helped him out very much. I've never had them before, so I'm looking for some more opinions. What sayeth the Fools?

Specialty fog lamps can help... a lot! Generally, you can forget the ones that come from the car manufacturer. Euro model cars I've owned or driven here have "proper" fog lights. I owned a Euro model W123 chassis Mercedes wagon -- a 250T -- that had the single Euro rear red fog light. It was an incredibly bright and visible light that assured I was seen in bad weather.

As far as front fogs go, take a look at the patterns that lights are supposed to give.

http://www.cibieusa.com/

Under:
http://www.cibieusa.com/cibie_aux_lighting.htm
take a look at "Beam Types" in left hand column.

You can always have a quality shop install them for you after the car is delivered. A simple toggle switch can be added in or under the dash.

2ndMillion
Print the post  

Announcements

Beware Flood-Damaged Cars
Know what you are getting, don't get stuck with a Katrina victim. Check these links before you buy.
Disclaimer - Please Read
A message about professional advice.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.