No. of Recommendations: 11
Reginald burst into the hall with a crash of great doors against the wall. “Sire,” he panted, “the Princess has been taken!”
The King looked up with a start. “Bravo, then! A right good rogering is just what's needed sometimes. I know when I'm stressed-“
“No, sire, your Magnifiencary,” Reginald interrupted, earning an unwelcome narrowing of the eyes from the King that spoke of future beheading. “It's not, that, uh- well, she's been kidnapped, most foul!”
There was a silence. It was not a 'shocked' silence, per se, but more of a 'bored, waiting' silence.
“And?” the King was not known for his attention to detail, or his patience.
“Which Princess was it, Reginald,” asked Leo the Brave, “Caroline, what with the great beak of a nose? Riddence and rubbish.”
“Good sir!” spake the King, “Princess Caroline has many fine qualities, We are sure- wait, which Princess Caroline do you speak of, is that the one with the funny foot?”
“Right, sire,” added Johns, “the one that looks like a badger.”
“I'd say a stoat,” Leo pondered the ceiling.
“Isn't that a potato, of a sort?” asked the King.
There was an uncomfortable sort of silence as the gathered people wondered how to avoid correcting His Majesty, and many floor tiles received deep scrutiny.

Sunrunner4

PS - for some reason, that "Leo the Brave" super-cliche just cracks me up.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.