Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
If you work after taking SS at 62, is SS recalculated for the next year's payments based on adding salary received in year after 62 to the salary base used to calculate original payment at 62? For example, if your salary in one of the 35 years on which SS bases your payments is less than what you made in year after 62, does SS move the base years up to include the higher year and drop the lowest of the 35, giving you a higher base? If so, when is this recalculation done, and when should you expect to receive the adjusted payment?
Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.