No. of Recommendations: 1
Received my Social Security Statement the other day. I haven't had time to investigate the entire statement but my 1986 earnings record caught my eye - the form shows no income at all for that year even though I worked full-time the entire year.

I know my first step is to dig up my tax returns for that year (and the others as well) and hope I still have the W-2. Then call the 1-800 number printed on the form.

I will keep you posted on my progress. I just wanted to inform all of you of the lesson learned so far: keep ALL tax returns and W-2s to verify your SS statement.

I predict lotsa phone calls, red tape, and a series of headaches!

Any advice?
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.