No. of Recommendations: 1
Received my Social Security Statement the other day. I haven't had time to investigate the entire statement but my 1986 earnings record caught my eye - the form shows no income at all for that year even though I worked full-time the entire year.

I know my first step is to dig up my tax returns for that year (and the others as well) and hope I still have the W-2. Then call the 1-800 number printed on the form.

I will keep you posted on my progress. I just wanted to inform all of you of the lesson learned so far: keep ALL tax returns and W-2s to verify your SS statement.

I predict lotsa phone calls, red tape, and a series of headaches!

Any advice?
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Greetings, memupp, and welcome. You wrote:

I will keep you posted on my progress. I just wanted to inform all of you of the lesson learned so far: keep ALL tax returns and W-2s to verify your SS statement.

I predict lotsa phone calls, red tape, and a series of headaches!

And I predict the correction will be relatively simple to correct provided you have the appropriate year's W-2. If you don't, then the process will take more time because you will have to contact the IRS to get a copy. Once that document is in hand, though, the correction is a snap.

Regards..Pixy

Print the post Back To Top