Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
This looks like the closest thing to a sewing board out there, so it seems like the right forum for my question.

My workplace has a "talent" show (emphasis on the ""s) every year. Until now we have hosted it in a nearby auditorium which has always been a little big for our needs, but whatever. This year my department is in charge and we are implementing some cost saving measures which include building our own stage and making our own stage curtains. The bonus part of all this is that then it will all be reusable next year. We're building the stage in 4' by 4' sections. It will only be about 1 foot tall. I'm pretty sure we have that covered but if anyone wants to throw out suggestions I'll take them.

Now we need suggestions for what material to use for curtains. We want something solid (black), thick enough that it isn't see through (might be only covering for the dressing room area) but not too thick to sew with a normal sewing machine, and cheap! We're rigging this together with PVC piping so a completely professional look isn't important. We're only doing the backdrop curtain so we won't need to figure out how to open and close them or anything. We're thinking 20 feet wide by 7 feet tall. Fabric suggestions? Store or web site suggestions?

TIA,
Stephanie
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.