Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I'm considering making SBUX my next stock choice and I've been running it through the Rule Maker Spreadsheet as well as looking at some of the compiled lists available. The one thing that is giving me some doubts is the selection of competitors for Starbucks. Can you really validate a company as a Rule Maker when you put them up against penny stocks like Einstein/Noah's Bagels? Since the company is now going after the same shelf space as brands like Folgers or Millstone, how would one go about placing Proctor & Gamble as a competitor since it has such a broad range of products aside from just coffee? Seems to me it would be a better test for Starbucks as a Rule Maker. Also I'm thinking of trying them against Krispy Kreme much for the same reason that one would have Noah's as a competitor.

Thoughts, anyone?
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.