No. of Recommendations: 1
Starrob,
Why have you decided to invest in this company?

Andy

It was a good fit for my portfolio. I build a portfolio by diversifying by the types of risk and the amount of risk that I am willing to take.

For Baozun, I wanted to diversify internationally, specifically into China. I consider Chinese ecommerce the sector with the biggest upside with the least risk in China. I bought small amounts of Baozun and JD.com to accomplish that diversification.

Why not invest in Alibaba? Alibaba, in my opinion, engages in some questionable behavior and I would not be surprised if Alibaba has a major scandal in China that hurts US investors at some point. The China Hustle would still be alive: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55892jT06aI

I consider Baozun and JD.com the least likely Chinese company engaging in serious fraud but I still have only one percent invested into each currently. I think there's probably other ethical Chinese companies like Baidu but I like Chinese ecommerce players best because I think the Chinese government would be the least likely to go after the companies. I think the social network players like Momo and Weibo would be at highest risk for the Chinese government to take them to task.

Starrob
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.