Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
Starrob, you asked about BSPM.

I bought a lot of it around $1.80 and in the low to mid-$2's. When they announced earnings and filed their audited 10-K, the stock popped to $3.30 and I sold most of my position. So that worked out OK. I did hold some of my position, unfortunately, and I'm looking at a loss there. The new CFO news is obviously not good. I think it's very possible that that position will zero out eventually. And if that happens, I'll have lost a small amount overall.

I did short quite a few of China small caps over the last few months, and that went very well. Adding up the gains from shorts and short-term trading of long positions and the longs I still have--which are substantial--I'm down a small amount. But of course I still have the long positions, which I think will be profitable eventually. Yes, I could have just bought Apple and done better. This has been a learning experience though, at least.

Does that answer please you? Would you prefer if I said "I bet my house on BSPM and lost it all! Goodbye cruel world!"
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.