Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I really appreciate if some experts on this board can help me understand this situation, since I don't seem to be able to clarify this from all the tax documents I read.

I am starting my own business, and this year, I have made lots of efforts to do initial marketing research and sampling preparation to see how acceptable my produt could be.

I didn't register the company legally yet, since I didn't want to pay the fees and tax this year.

When I do my 2008 tax, can I use Schedule C to report my business expenses?

I still have my full time job right now, so all these expenses will go to offset my regular income.

I am posting this to the "self employed fools" board, too.

Thanks a lot for your help as always.

Have a good holiday season!

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.