No. of Recommendations: 0
Hi,

Just starting out with MF SA. Been reading tons (almost obsessively) and just wondering if I'm lost or found or in between.

just turned 29.

I have:

403b with 14k -- my employer give my 6.2 on my first 44k, then gives 10.2% on everything over -- I make 57.5k. I have it all in Tiaa-Cref, mixed between the 2040 fund, social choice, large cap value, and bond / inflation linked bond. I don't have an "employer match" -- they just drop this in, so, I put in $250/month. I can also use a Fidelity fund, T Rowe Price or Vanguard. I guess the question here should be: should my $250/mo be here or should i put this in a stock account (because of no employer match) and is tiaa-cref a good fund (low fees good returns?)

I also started this year with a sharebuilder account. I have $1,200. I am planning on first fully funding a Roth IRA and then moving onto a taxable stock fund. I'm doing $550/mo into the roth account -- 225 for each of the Stock Advisor Picks.

Short term savings account. Not much -- $700 and adding $600/ mo. until I get to $12,000 (6 months of living expenses).

I was thinking about getting a financial advisor -- whoa! am i glad i came here first. any thoughts would be great. my goal is to retire to the mountains ASAP (55?)
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.