Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I've got a question about estimated state taxes if one isn't a state resident for the full year.

My oldest kid needed to pay VA estimated taxes last year, and this year as well. However, she is not moving back to VA since she's staying in MA. I've made the first two estimated tax payments, but I wonder if I/she will need to pay the remaining two since she's now going to be living elsewhere.

I'm sure she'll have to file part-year forms for both states, but anyone have any thoughts/experience/advice on her continuing to pay VA taxes?



~~ Alison
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.