No. of Recommendations: 0
State Farm Bank now has a VISA Check Card. Read about on this page:

http://www.statefarm.com/bank/accounts.htm#checking
Print the post Back To Top
Thank you for the info!
Just got off the phone with them. The VISA check card is only available for new accounts. Current account holders will be mailed info with their monthly statement and have to request one, it won't be automatic. Oh well I guess I can wait a little while longer.

Fool on,
Charles
No. of Recommendations: 1
I only use State Farm for a savings account, but I have found their overall service quality is well-above-average compared to many of their peers.

One drawback: State Farm Bank has no office webcam like Bank of Internet....
I agree about the service, they are quick and really know what they're talking about. It's nice to not have to be bounced around and to a supervisor for an answer. So far no problems with them at all. They are probably the best all around bank out here IMHO. They don't have the absolute best rates but they are very fee friendly, have great service and there bill pay is the most reliable I've used. I have used Netbank, Compubank, X.com and a handful of others but I think I've finally found a home. It doesn't hurt that Statfarm saves me about $1500 a year on my auto insurance over any other quote I got and my agent is great.

Fool on,
Charles
Charles: Here are some questions I've seen at the MSN Online Banking board about State Farm Bank:

1. How does their check-imaging feature work? Does it show both sides of the cancelled check? When do the imaged-check copies show up in online banking - is it shortly after the check has cleared, or after the statement cutoff?

2. With State Farm Bank's Bill Pay, when is the money debited from your account - is it on the date you select to initiate payment, or is it a few days earlier than the payment is sent(like PC Banker), or is it debited when the payee has actually received the payment (like Bank of Internet)? Can you tell from their Bill Pay menu which payees receive electronic payment and which are paid by paper check?

I can vouch for SFB's responsive telephone service,the prompt ATM surcharge rebates, the friendly fee schedule (i.e. no charge for an occasional cashier's check or money order) but my experience is limited to the Savings account which I have used for about 1-1/2 years.

No. of Recommendations: 1
Hi Seattle,

The check images show both sides and usually show up in a few days. I can say exactly how long since I don't usually view them but when I have they were there within a few days of the check clearing.
The money is taken out of your account on the day you select to initiate payment. You can select the payee detail screen and it will tell you whether it's an electronic payment or check. I pay 10 bills with them and only have one that is by check, they seem to have a huge database for electronic payments. Since almost all of my payments are electronic I don't worry about missing the little bit of "float".
One "neat" feature is that you can change you checking account from nornal to intrest checking online by just checking box and hitting submit. They are so good at everything else I don't even miss ACH, my mail deposits post quicker there than some other banks ACH.

Fool on,
Charles