No. of Recommendations: 9
Hello,
I would like to reiterate this board's guidelines. I think people have been doing well with posting within the guidelines but I think some may benefit from reading them again.

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=15604785

I would also like to point out a couple of things. Some have the impression that this board was created for beginners or beginning TA. That's not the original intention of this board although beginners are certainly welcome to participate under the guidelines. I started this board because I wanted a board for technical traders like me who trade almost solely on price and volume. I know there are others out there. Another reason for starting this board is I want to attract traders who are more experienced than me so I can learn from them. However, we can all learn together and even learn from the beginner just starting out.

Some are also under the impression that the Edwards and Magee book is a good "starter" book for TA until they can learn about more "advanced" techniques. I completely disagree with this. I firmly believe fortunes can be made by trading only using techniques found in the Edwards and Magee book along with a LOT of discipline, money management and experience. That doesn't mean there isn't a lot more to be learned from other sources. However, I feel that the most important knowledge we can gain for technical analysis trading is through sources like the E&M and Schabacker books.

Thanks for participating here. I hope you're all learning as much as I am.
Jeff
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.