Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Please help!
Last year I began working for a company based in Georgia. I maintain a residence in California but only get to go home once every five weeks for a week. To make things more interesting my actual job sites have placed me in 15-20 different states and I have never actually worked in Georgia or visited the office there. My question is simply this "To whom do I send my state taxes?". When I was hired I was sent a Georgia witholding form and I indicated that I wanted no deductions because I expected to have no Georgia tax liability. I had just planned on having to pay California taxes, but now I'm really nervous. Was I wrong or can I start sleeping easy again? Thanks in advance for any help!
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
Live Video Event Monday!
The GP team is hosting a live video event on Monday at 4 p.m. ET. Don't worry if you can't make it — we'll have a replay and a transcript. Click for more!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.