Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 7
Hi,

I'm doing a state tour here on the boards.
I wanted to see what is happening here in Montana.

I have visited Montana before and found it be a beautiful state. But I think it would be to cold for in the winter. I like to be warm.

I see some people here I know <waving>

Let me know what is happening here...

Penny
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 3
Hey Penny!

I am not sure if it is really cold here in the Winter time, but alas there is nothing really that goes on, on this board.

DL
<Montanian Since 2001>
Hey DL,

So where are you in Montana??

Let know in Feb. if you think it is cold.

Penny
No. of Recommendations: 3
DL Lives with me here in Great Falls.

DLPTBA,

<By the way, if you see PPTBS tell her I said HI!>
No. of Recommendations: 8
DL Lives with me here in Great Falls.

DLPTBA,

<By the way, if you see PPTBS tell her I said HI!>

========

I'll give her the message. She away while I'm on tour. But when she returns she'll want a massage.

Penny :)
No. of Recommendations: 2
In February on a good winter, we usually get about a week of cold weather. That is, -45F and night and a balmy -25F in the day. On the other hand, how are you going to ski or ice fish or snow shoe or go sledding without a little cold weather. Besides, it is a good feeling when you live to see the spring and you know that you beat another Montana winter that just about froze you to splinters. 8*b (frostbit nose)

Sean
8*b (frostbit nose)
---------------------

That's cute.

I think anything below 20 it to cold for me anymore. Plus I don't like dressing in layers.

Penny
No. of Recommendations: 4
I think anything below 20 it to cold for me anymore. Plus I don't like dressing in layers.

Penny

I don't like it when you dress in Layers either.

DLPTBA.

<grin>
No. of Recommendations: 1
Montana can be very cold in February, but it's still the best place on earth. While on your tour, suggest stopping at Glacier National Park(puts much of Yellowstone to shame). You can't go there in February because of the snow, but since it's a virtual tour, go nuts...

...also, I'm partial to my hometown of Lewistown, which is the geographic center of the state (duly marked by two competing landmarks). Surrounded by mountains on all sides, it truly is a place of beauty...

...Bozeman is nice, also in a secluded little valley. Skiing is a scant fifteen minutes from downtown, and a really great ski resort is about an hour and a half. On the way, you can pull off the main road and take a driving tour of Ted Turner's plot of land, and view the buffalo.
No. of Recommendations: 8

DLPTBA.
------

Alex is suppose to be waiting for me back at sandy's.

Penny
who was thinking "it takes longer to get undressed if your in layers"
...Bozeman is nice, also in a secluded little valley. Skiing is a scant fifteen minutes from downtown, and a really great ski resort is about an hour and a half. On the way, you can pull off the main road and take a driving tour of Ted Turner's plot of land, and view the buffalo.

Been there, done that. IN REALITY!!!!!

We spent a little over a week in Ennis & Bozeman & Big Sky Area.
We had an opppurtunity to come down the"back side" of Big Sky (you need a keycard to get through the gates on that side of the mountain) and anyway we came upon a bull moose and was able to watch/follow/observe him for about 30 minutes. Way exciting! My kids still talk about that, especially because I had on a RED sweater and they thought he was gonna charge me.
Also when we were "drift"boating down the Madison River, a family of Mule deer crossed in front of us - that was remarkable. We saw so much wildlife going down the Madison it was something we will never forget.
Also on our hike up the way to some caverns (which were excellant) we saw eagles so close you could see the blacks of their eyes. UNFORGETABLE, of course when I got the camera ready, they were only specks in the sky. Thank God for memories.
We had some fantastic hamburgers for lunch in Bozeman one day - what was the name of that place????
Just talking about it makes me want to come back...... and since Glacier was not a part of that trip, I do need to come back....

We saw buffalo in Thermopolis, Wyoming - which was way cool.

Penny
now I miss Montana
No. of Recommendations: 0
I used to live in the Bozone before moving to Billings to stake my claim. As for the burger joint, I wonder if you had a Lanny Burger at the Haufbrau Bar? That is, IMHO, the best burger in Bozeman.

However, if it were a little more upscale than college bar food, it may have been at either of the two best steakhouses in the world: The Land of Magic in Logan and Sir Scott's Oasis in Manhattan. Montana, that is. Just west of Bozeman about 30 miles.
It was a Lanny Burger!!!!!!!!!!!11

Thank you. My kids had a great time in there, with all the college students. It was a good experience.

I like that "Bozone".

So how does Billings compare?

Penny
The Land of Magic in Logan and Sir Scott's Oasis in Manhattan. Montana, that is. Just west of Bozeman about 30 miles.

Aw, Sweet Jesus, the memories...

So how does Billings compare?

Billings has always been kind of a conflicting image with me - I didn't really care for it much when I was growing up (especially out by the Metra, where it gets kind of bland and strip-mallish), but I worked there for a summer and got to know it a little better, and I liked it quite a bit. McGrew, I don't know if you remember Gramma's Bar, where they used to let us 18-year-olds in from 2 - 4 p.m. That was a really odd experience for a small-town kid. And if you live in Montana, you know what I mean by small-town kid - the biggest social activity for the entire town is usually the high school sporting events.

This is all getting very surreal...I'm awash in nostalgia...
Bozeman is definitely prettier. And colder. But there is no work there, and so for that I like Billings. I live about ten miles west of town (out in the sticks) and have a nice view of the Beartooth mountains and Red Lodge ski area.

A good friend of mine was a bartender at Grammas and another one was at the Coco Club. My particular watering hole is the Western Bar just south of the tracks on Minnesota.

Lanny Burgers rule. Did you see my old buddies Joe Man or Tex Tucker playing music there?
No. of Recommendations: 6

Penny

DLPTBA.

<grin>

I think I missed this post some how....

Hi DL!!

Penny
No. of Recommendations: 2
I think I missed this post some how....

Hi DL!!

Penny

------------

That's alright, I still don't like to see you in layers, unless your being layered bye me. <Grin>

DL
<imagining layering Penny>