Skip to main content
This Board Has Moved

This board has been migrated to our new platform! Check out the new home page at discussion.fool.com or click below to go directly to the new Board on the new site.

Go to the New Site
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
All,

My wife and I are spending 2 nights/1 day in Vancouver in July and I am interested in the best area to stay and attractions to visit during our brief stay.

We fly into the airport and depart via the Rocky Mountain Railtours train to Banff.

We can get a rental car if needed.

Thanks, John
Print the post Back To Top
Vancouver is a walking city with lots going on downtown. Stay in a downtown hotel if you can. But they can be pricey.
I posted our trip to Vancouver and experiences as part of my Alaska write-up on this board.

http://fireboards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=19608762&sort=username

It was great.
No. of Recommendations: 1
I would recommend taking the ferry over to Victoria and either visit the Royal BC Museum, go to the Butchart Gardens http://www.butchartgardens.com/main.php (either by transit or rental car), or do some shopping (great exchange rate).

Madeline
I would recommend taking the ferry over to Victoria and either visit the Royal BC Museum, go to the Butchart Gardens http://www.butchartgardens.com/main.php (either by transit or rental car), or do some shopping (great exchange rate).

The provincial capitol building is very nice, too, and on clear days you can see the mountains of the Olympic Peninsula across the water. There are some terrific walks along the water with views of the Strait of Juan de Fuca and the WA mountains as well as other walks along the harbor. It's a great place to visit.

--fleg
No. of Recommendations: 2
My wife and I are spending 2 nights/1 day in Vancouver in July and I am interested in the best area to stay and attractions to visit during our brief stay.

With only one day I would recommend staying in the city and not going to Victoria. Here is what you can do in the City.

Here is what I would do (as a city resident).

1. Go to Granville Island in the Morning (10-12)
2. Have lunch at Granville Island
3. Head to Stanley Park for an afternoon stroll/ride (1-4)
4. Head back to the Hotel for cleanup
5. Go for dinner at one of Vancouer's nicer restaurants (C / Tea House / Lumiere / Cannery) (6-8)
6. Head up to Grouse Mountain and see the sun-set (8-9)

July is usually very nice weather.

tecmo (Vancouver resident)
Just thought of more things to do (if you are out-doors type)

1. Drive to Deep Cove and rent a Kayak (for 2-3 hours) (Morning)
2. Hike in the Seymour Demonstration Forest (2-3 hours) (Afternoon)

both of these can be done even if the weather is less than perfect. Bring a rain-jacket just in case. The Kayaking is very easy in Deep Cove as the water is very calm. They also have double kayaks so you can sit with your partner.

cheers / let me know if you have any questions.

tecmo