Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
Steve,

That is great news, and you probably won't believe this, either: Directly in front of our house, in the row of bushes we have there, we have two baby catbirds living in a nest that we discovered this weekend. The parents are in and out more often than a pair of yuppies at a Whole Foods (remember that term? is it disrespectful now? hope not), keeping them feed. They were probably born mere days ago. Now I check on them daily (as do my wife and son).

We live in the city, and the bushes are right along the road and the sidewalk with passing people (and they're living only about five feet off the ground inside the bush), so they didn't choose the quietest place to live, but we've read these these bushes are favorites for them. Anyway, I hope we'll be lucky enough to see them take flight in a few weeks (? -- have to Google that), too.

Now I have to read a post by a new Pro named Daisy or other something... looks like this Fool has something to say, too. ;) I won't be responding tonight. I'll probably need to absorb it...

Best,

Jeff

P.S. It's not spring, clearly. I think this is the second round of offspring these birds have had. We just didn't see their nest last time, but we did see the birds hopping around (and sure heard them).
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.