Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Steve,

The quote you attribute to me is atually from BigShoes at the beginning of this thread.

As to the Fool"s credibility, here's what I wrote in post #5391:

"The title of the thread is, IMHO, a little inflamatory. No offense, BigShoes. I view the Fool as having VAST CREDIBILITY as one of the few sources of objective and original thought on investing and personal finance."

I agree with you 100%.

As for making your own decisions based on your own research, here's something that I wrote in June on the Iomega board:

"...I and many others, I'm sure, have taken the lesson of the Fool to heart. We rely on our own research, gut feelings, and risk tolerance then make our own investment decisions. Thus we take responsibility for our own financial futures."

Again, I agree with you 100%.

What troubled me was that we were told by Verve that we were deliberately misled. I shook my head in disbelief and called upon Verve and Otter to respond to this.

Otter has indicated on the Nokia board that it was a mistake, pure and simple. Thank goodness. He's totally off the hook now as far as I'm concerned.

In light of Otter's response I assume that Verve simply fumbled the retraction/correction. I would, however, like to read his response.

Innocent until proven guilty.

Robust

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.