Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Steven I suggest you enroll for EFTPS - it works will. As you probably know the IRS requires digital filing of the 1040 now. I expect in the new future the IRS will require its use.

Oddly if you need to file a 1040X (Amended return), you must file paper. There is one other feature that comes in handy. They keep track of your payments, so if you forgot/loose a record come tax season you can look back and see when and how much you paid.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.