No. of Recommendations: 3
stevenjklein,

In other words, the Sansa does it by simply omitting a whole bunch of features that are standard on the iPod.

No. In other words, Radish uses a subset of the features available on the Sansa. And none of them require anything beyond what's easily done with the USB mass storage standard.

One can connect the Sansa in MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) mode instead of MSC (Mass Storage Class) mode, and then you can sync with Windows Media Player or whatever other ludicrously complex thing you want to do. But given as how simple it is to just drag-and-drop with Windows Explorer, and given that this accomplishes everything I want to do, why would I do something more complex? Unless I had an iPod, which you're claiming can't handle that procedure.

(By the way, you never answered my question as to whether you consider Windows Explorer to be "built in" to Windows or not.)

The Sansa has a zillion features I never use. Exactly how they work, I don't know. Or care. Perhaps the iPods have some feature the Sansa lacks in a generic sense (as opposed to compatibility with some particular vendor-specific application), but I'd be pretty surprised if that's so. The Sansa is working fine for me, so I can't think of any reason to compare features.

Phil
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.