Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 1
i am looking into joining coca cola's drip program. in order to do so, i need to have one share issued in my name first. i was thinking about transferring one from my ameritrade account. however, the fee is $40 to do this. i'm sure that i could do this cheaper somewhere else, but this is more convenient. my question is, can i somehow include this $40 fee in my cost basis (in addition to the actual cost when purchased through ameritrade) if and when i finally sell that share? in other words, if the original share cost $50 and with the transfer over to my name is another $40, can i put the cost basis as $90 or in some other way add the fee in? or is that money just lost forever?
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.