Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2012/09/25/industry-group-bac...

A world shortage of pork and bacon next year is “now unavoidable,” a British industry group said in a press release.

Britain's National Pig Association (NPA) says that pig herds in Europe are shrinking. As if that isn’t bad enough, this trend is “being mirrored around the world,” the group says in the release. Drought conditions, especially in the U.S. and Russia, have taken a toll on the price of the grain crops used for animal feed, and world food prices are expected to reach record highs in 2013.
-----------------------------------------------------
Not the kind of thing you want to wake up to.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
A world shortage of pork and bacon next year is “now unavoidable,” a British industry group said in a press release.

A Muslim plot against us infidels? <g>

Mike, who is about to have some fifteen bean soup made with fresh pork sausage.
Folks can just start shooting wild hogs, which are everywhere by the thousands, and they don't cost anything more than the gas and bullet needed to bring them to your plate.
Folks can just start shooting wild hogs, which are everywhere by the thousands, and they don't cost anything more than the gas and bullet needed to bring them to your plate.
---------------

You need a smokehouse for bacon. :-(

arrete

Britain's National Pig Association (NPA) says that pig herds in Europe are shrinking. As if that isn’t bad enough, this trend is “being mirrored around the world,” the group says in the release. Drought conditions, especially in the U.S. and Russia, have taken a toll on the price of the grain crops used for animal feed, and world food prices are expected to reach record highs in 2013.
-----------------------------------------------------
Not the kind of thing you want to wake up to.

Hey 2828, have you tried the Bacon McDouble from McDonald's yet?
----------------------------------------------------------
What am i Rockefeller! No i haven't. My usual order if a double fillet-o-fish and a $1 McDouble and fries. Lately i've been getting 2 $1 McDoubles and a $1 Chicken with fries. Tell you the truth i haven't heard of the bacon mcdouble. I might be getting the mcdouble mixed up with that $1.99 burger that has mayo, that one seems like a rip-off.
No. of Recommendations: 2
What am i Rockefeller! No i haven't. My usual order if a double fillet-o-fish and a $1 McDouble and fries. Lately i've been getting 2 $1 McDoubles and a $1 Chicken with fries. Tell you the truth i haven't heard of the bacon mcdouble. I might be getting the mcdouble mixed up with that $1.99 burger that has mayo, that one seems like a rip-off.

You're thinking of the Daily Double. The Bacon McDouble is $1.69 and is basically just a McDouble with bacon added. So you're paying 69 cents for bacon.

Or, you can get two Bacon McDonbles for $3.33. Save yourself five cents. Big whoop.

McDonald's Monopoly has begun! For the next four weeks there are game stamps to be collected. I hope Art will share his wealth with me and let me get Boardwalk so I can win a million dollars. <grin>
Or, you can get two Bacon McDonbles for $3.33. Save yourself five cents. Big whoop.

Well, I have no idea what a "McDonble" is, but you can get two Bacon McDoubles for $3.33.

I guess I momentarily nodded off at the proofreading wheel. Being the perfectionist that I am, I'm very unhappy about that.

You're thinking of the Daily Double. The Bacon McDouble is $1.69 and is basically just a McDouble with bacon added. So you're paying 69 cents for bacon.

McDonald's Monopoly has begun! For the next four weeks there are game stamps to be collected. I hope Art will share his wealth with me and let me get Boardwalk so I can win a million dollars. <grin>
Ahhh, Daily Double! Yepper, that's a good deal, and i like the single hamburgers too. When i was a wee scarred lad i would order 4 singles and fries. I like the taste of those better than Quarter Pounders, and the Big Mac is kind of a mess. Wait a second! I thought i saw a commercial for the McDouble for $1.99? How could one with bacon be $1.66? The McDouble just seems like a Daily Double with lettuce and mayo on it, hardly worth 99 cents. I must be missing something.
Ahhh, Daily Double! Yepper, that's a good deal, and i like the single hamburgers too. When i was a wee scarred lad i would order 4 singles and fries. I like the taste of those better than Quarter Pounders, and the Big Mac is kind of a mess. Wait a second! I thought i saw a commercial for the McDouble for $1.99? How could one with bacon be $1.66? The McDouble just seems like a Daily Double with lettuce and mayo on it, hardly worth 99 cents. I must be missing something.

2828, you're getting your McDoubles and Daily Doubles mixed up!

McDouble - $1

Daily Double (McDouble with lettuce, tomato, mayo, etc.) - $1.99

Bacon McDouble (McDouble with bacon only) - $1.69 (or 2 for $3.33)

---------------------------------------------------------
OK, now i'm up to speed, i went and checked the McDonalds website, the Daily Double is the disasterwich for $1.99. The McDouble is the dollar menu item, and the Bacon McDouble is the dollar menu McDouble with bacon on it for an extra 66 cents. Man that was alot of work....but well worth the effort, now i feel i could get up in front of a crowd and give a presentation.

McDouble - $1

Andrew, your photographic memory for fast food deals is matched only by your memory of Seinfeld lines.
Kramer: Bite-size Three Musketeers. Just like the real Peterman eats.

George: He eats those?

Kramer: No. I eat those. I'm the real Peterman.

George: I think I understand this. Jay Peterman is real. His biography is not. Now, you Kramer are real.

Kramer: Talk to me.

McDouble - $1

-----------------------------------------------------------
Jerry: Hey, what were you doing with that bus yesterday?

Kramer: Here you go, here you go, check it out.

Jerry: "The Real Peterman Reality Bus Tour". I'm confused.

Kramer: Peterman's book is big business. People want to know the stories behind the stories.

Jerry: Nobody wants to go on a three hour bus tour of a totally unknown person's life.

Kramer: I'm only charging $37.50, plus you get a pizza bagel and desert.

George: What's desert?

Kramer: Bite-size Three Musketeers. Just like the real Peterman eats.

George: He eats those?

Kramer: No. I eat those. I'm the real Peterman.

George: I think I understand this. Jay Peterman is real. His biography is not. Now, you Kramer are real.

Kramer: Talk to me.

George: But your life is Peterman's. Now the bus tour, which is real, takes to places that, while they are real, they are not real in sense that they did not *really* happen to the *real* Peterman which is you.

Kramer: Understand?

Jerry: Yeah. $37.50 for a Three Musketeers.
Deer God! I really screwed up that post.
Kramer: I'm only charging $37.50, plus you get a pizza bagel and desert.

What is this? Pizza Pound Cake?
Anyway, inflation hit andrew today when he went to McDonald's. Big Mac value meal, large, $7.48 after tax. Yikes! It used to be $7.25.

But it was OK, I guess. One of my six game stamps was an instant winner for a free breakfast sandwich. Now, if I can only find a way to drag myself out of bed early enough to take advantage of it...

McDouble - $1

Bacon McDouble (McDouble with bacon only) - $1.69 (or 2 for $3.33) - andrew

-----------

crikey. Ordering at Mcdonalds has become as complicated as trying to get a coffee at Starbucks...

McDouble - $1

Bacon McDouble (McDouble with bacon only) - $1.69 (or 2 for $3.33) - andrew

-----------

crikey. Ordering at Mcdonalds has become as complicated as trying to get a coffee at Starbucks...
-----------------------
When's the last time you were at Starbucks? I think it's been something like 10 years for me.
-----------------------
When's the last time you were at Starbucks? I think it's been something like 10 years for me. - 2828

-----------------------

I am a once a year customer but it's been two years only because we didn't go snowmobiling last year. On the way up US127 in Michigan on the way to Gaylord, there is a Starbucks my friend an I stop at.

I feel all nervous and self conscious in there trying to order coffee in their special language... kind of like trying to order soup from the Soup Nazi without screwing up.
I am there almost once a day. I live one block away from one. The young 20-something women, many college aged, and the rest less than 5 years out of college are there all the time. Seriously, it is a continuous parade of young, very atractice women. You guys should be here just north of downtown Dallas.

I pay $2.11 for a grande (medium) coffee, my usual spend. That $2.11 is 30 cents for coffee and $1.81 for "scenery".

They got great couches....and free WiFi too. And the only place that I ever read newspapers anymore. They just lay around....free to pick up and peruse.
No. of Recommendations: 3
I am there almost once a day. I live one block away from one.

Some years ago I saw a newspaper comic strip with these guys lost in the wilderness. One of them picks up a rock and says "This rock will lead us back to civilization" - then he throws it.

It breaks the window at a Starbuck's.
"I am a once a year customer but it's been two years only because we didn't go snowmobiling last year. On the way up US127 in Michigan on the way to Gaylord," - Bighairymike

Isn't Gaylord, MI a nice town? Linda and I had a lot of fun going to the Farmer's market there. We drove over and to the Elk pen and saw reindeer. The Elk were hiding somewhere. I did see a beautiful Red Headed Woodpecker while I was there. A REAL Red Headed Woodpecker. It was beautiful.

Art
"the only place that I ever read newspapers anymore. They just lay around....free to pick up and peruse." - aolf

Speaking of newspapers, how's the job hunting coming along? Are you putting any effort into that? Or are you having too much fun playing at being retired? It would be hard to go back to work after being off for a while, especially if you got money put away and are not highly motivated to get re-employed.

Art