Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Hi -

I was attracted to subscribing to "Motley Fool Select" (now "Hidden Gems") in part on mailing from "Motely Fool Advisor" that had a flyer for it with an offer for the "Stocks 2003: The Investorss Guide for the Year Ahead".

I followed the URL to www.stocks2003.fool.com (which no longer works) and finally found for what I was looking.

Imagine my surprise, when I subscribed - yes, I should have looked at the fine print - and this book wasn't included.

So, how do I get it?

Yours,

Jordan
Print the post Back To Top
Hi Jordan,

The promotion you were referring to went out in the Stock Advisor back in February/March, and was offering the book free when you subscribed to Select, which is now Hidden Gems. That offer has since expired, but no problem. Please respond to me via email and I will take care of you.

TMF Barmin
Why not just post it on the Hidden Gem web site, if you are not planning to use it as a promotional tool in the future. 2003 is half over (almost). I think all Hidden Gem subscribers would be interested in viewing it.

ToroBravo2003
No. of Recommendations: 1
The promotion you were referring to went out in the Stock Advisor back in February/March, and was offering the book free when you subscribed to Select, which is now Hidden Gems. That offer has since expired, but no problem. Please respond to me via email and I will take care of you.

I'm aware the offer may have expired, and so this might not be the simplest issue to resolve, but I'd like to raise one point.

There are those of us (like me) who signed up for Select when Stocks 2003 was part of the package. On the Select page I used to be able to simply click the link to this book anytime I chose to do so - I can no longer - at least not on the Hidden Gems homepage.

What about folks like us? Shouldn't we still have easy access anytime we choose?

I know that putting this link on the HG homepage would make it available to everyone who subscribed to HG even when Stocks 2003 wasn't part of the package, but wouldn't it be better to make it available to everyone than to deny easy access to those of us for whom it was part of the package?

Regards,

Eldrehad

No. of Recommendations: 1
Hi Eldrehad,

Actually, for people who purchased Stocks 2003 and Select, it is available to you on the Hidden Gems home page. There is a link to it in the upper right hand corner of the page.

TMF Barmin
Actually, for people who purchased Stocks 2003 and Select, it is available to you on the Hidden Gems home page. There is a link to it in the upper right hand corner of the page.

Maybe I'm blind today (this is possible), but I just looked again and don't see it. I clicked the "Hidden Gems Subscriber Homepage" that's on the right side of messages on this board as you read them.

Are you referring to another link/location? Help my blind eyes out a bit - what's above it or below it?

Regards,

Eldrehad

Eldrehad,

You are not blind, I am directionally challenged today.

Stocks 2003 subscribers have access to it from the main Fool.com download area, the former home of Select:

http://www.fool.com/shop/download.asp?

This is where Stocks is, and where it can be accessed. On this page, you then can link to the HG area.

I know, I know, why don't we put that link on the HG home page as well? I need to check, but I believe it has to stay where it is for the time being. It has to do with permissions, so it is a technical issue as to why it is there.

Sorry, about the misdirection the first time, and I hope this helps.

TMF Barmin
I do appreciate the fact that Hidden Gems subscribers would probably be interested in Stocks 2003, but we don't have any plans to offer this as part of the Hidden Gems subscription at this time since it was originally a paid product and it's not really fair to people who bought the book already.

We're not trying to keep anything from Hidden Gems subscribers, but this is a separate product and was only included as a promotion for a limited time.

Thanks for your understanding,
Betsy
TMFBFrosted
Sorry, about the misdirection the first time, and I hope this helps.

It does indeed... thanks.

Regards,

Eldrehad