Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I am one step away from enrolling in several DRP programs. The only thing holding me up is what the account name should be. As far as taxes and such go, should I enroll my wife and I as joint tenants or should I enroll the stock under the name of our revocable living trust? This will be a long-term investment probably for retirement purposes (37+ years from now). Any assets outside of the trust would be covered under a pour-over will - but that would also make them subject to probate.

Any suggestions are appreciated.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.