No. of Recommendations: 3
story was that he (creator - Straczynski) didn't know if the series would be cancelled in season 4 so he rushed it and then they got a renewal on a different network, but clearly somethings badly missing in Season 5 which was just close to horrible and the follow-up Crusade was a bust. There are several movies out there with backstory - have seen them all.

Like Hawkwin, obviously personal opinion but I found it virtually unwatchable the 2nd time around, especially certain episodes. And there was a technique in the over-the-top acting by many people that virtually kills you sometimes (hey, my opinion, but these were not top-flight actors and actresses with one or two exceptions). Loved it first time, but IMO it grates on you the 2nd time (others disagree!). For all the chatter about DS9 being a Babylon 5 wantabee, I think that show has stood the test of time and got better as it went along and I've run thru it more than once or twice. Plus, the new BattleStar set a standard for those types of shows too, but Babylon was a trend-setter - connected story lines- and deserves so much credit.

Stracyzn was involved in the last Thor script and has done a lot of things science-fiction people have seen...and he wanted to take over the Star Trek Franchise and was very vocal about it. Again, IMO, he would have been heads and shoulders above Kurtman (who has ZERO respect for anything ST stood for) and JJ 'we are going to put motorcycles in a Star Trek movie' cause people want action and nothing else'.

I shudder what to think of the new Picard series - please let it not be like Discovery or the last couple movies....
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.