No. of Recommendations: 2
I don't think it comes as any surprise that the economy has slowed—whether we are headed for recession and what happens to inflation is a different issue. Clearly yields are dropping, at least temporarily, and I am glad I have acted to lock in 5-year CD rates with what money I have had of late (and if necessary, I will roll over a CD coming due in a few weeks to Pen Fed, with 5%).

I don't think supply and demand with debt securities is favorable to low interest rates after the game players dump stocks and jump to bonds. Even if the Fed cuts 50 basis points, that still keeps them ahead of Treasuries. So, I guess the question is what to do over the next few months.

I think in taxable account, and money I save the rest of year (usually a good time for saving, because few expenses) I'll probably let sit in money market, hoping for a Pen Fed sale come January. Might be wishful thinking, though.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.