Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
I have $411 to invest every two weeks, and the stocks that I want to invest in. Is it a better play to keep buying one stock at a time then move to the next one, or should I buy fractional shares of all of them until I reach the dollar amount I want to invest? Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
Thank you for recommending this post to our Best of feature.

I have $411 to invest every two weeks, and the stocks that I want to invest in. Is it a better play to keep buying one stock at a time then move to the next one, or should I buy fractional shares of all of them until I reach the dollar amount I want to invest?

Assuming your costs are the same either way, I'd suggest buying buying stocks that pay dividends first and having the dividends reinvested in the stock.

That way your share(s) are growing every quarter whether you add more to your investment in that stock or not.

Back when I was first investing I'd buy shares in a stock until its dividend would buy a whole share every quarter. Then I'd concentrate on another stock.

Desert (CVX, XOM, T, BNS, BKH, ED, ATGFF, NI, NWN, TRP, ENB, WRE, WGL, XEL, DUK, SO & KO) Dave
No. of Recommendations: 0
Thanks for your input