Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
In the book, there is a figure mentioned called a relative strength I believe in the rule breakers section. Where can I go about getting these figures?

Cheers,
Eric
Print the post Back To Top

>In the book, there is a figure mentioned called a relative strength I believe in the rule breakers section. Where can
I go about getting these figures?

Value Line reports relative strength. Investor's Business Daily may, too.

Tim Klepaczyk
In the book, there is a figure mentioned called a relative strength I believe in the rule breakers section. Where can I go about getting these figures?

If you want to find it on-line, I came across Microsoft's stock screener which includes relative strength, among many other choices.
A word of warning:
There is no standard formula for relative strength - everyone computes it differently, using different time periods and weightings.
--Westwolf
Is the Relative Strength that that Rule Breakers look for--90 or better--represented by the 3 month statistic (as opposed to the 6 mo. or 12 mo.)--listed on the MSN website? Or is there a Daily figure, say in Investors Bus. Daily?

Or, does it pass the test if it recently (or ever, depending on the market) reached 90?
Is the Relative Strength that that Rule Breakers look for--90 or better--represented by the 3 month statistic (as opposed to the 6 mo. or 12 mo.)--listed on the MSN website? Or is there a Daily figure, say in Investors Bus. Daily?

Or, does it pass the test if it recently (or ever, depending on the market) reached 90?

Hi Byzon98,

I think the preferred RS numbers come from Investor's Business Daily, but the 12-month numbers from MSN should work as well.

A company should only be considered for RB status if its current RS is 90 or above.

Good luck!

orangeblood