Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 3
After using our old TracFone (cell phone) for several years, we just got a new one. Cute little thing, too. I managed to get the battery inserted and charged. Then the fun began -- trying to follow the instructions to enter contacts or do anything. I tried on-line customer contact but was still puzzled and gave up.

I hope our daughter locally can show us how this is set up because the instructions were useless. Trouble is, these folks assume everyone already has had one and knows how to enter numbers or letters or whatever. The startup info is not helpful.

It's okay to laugh, folks. Just understand that some of us retirees have not had to cope with some of these gadgets.

I bet most of you would be puzzled trying to explain how to construct or repair a turbine engine, too. I could describe it or do it.

Vermonter
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
RV: It's okay to laugh, folks. Just understand that some of us retirees have not had to cope with some of these gadgets.

I had the presence of mind to buy mine locally. OK, several blocks. I have been in several times and they always solve my problems.

CNC
... but you choose the boon docks. Neener.
No. of Recommendations: 4
I have a 10 year old to figure it out for me.
Tim
No. of Recommendations: 0
"It's okay to laugh, folks. Just understand that some of us retirees have not had to cope with some of these gadgets. "

*********************************************************************************

When faced with a new gadget, you have to identify what can be done that will in fact damage the
device. Don't do the things that can actually do damage. Entering contacts does not cause any
real damage - so proceed - add things, numbers, names - if you do it wrong - big woop.

Programming things incorrectly can be corrected.

Howie52
Doing things wrong is an excellent way of learning.
I have a 10 year old to figure it out for me.
Tim

I may have to hire a teen-ager. My Samsung is elusive.

CNC
No. of Recommendations: 2
probably can enter the number as if you were going to call it...

then hit 'save contact' and enter contact info.....

t.
Well, having cursed and snarled, I am now going to do what common sense suggested: Call them and get talked through the basics.

Dummy...

Vermonter
It took 3 hrs on the landline and on the laptop this morning but our new TracFone flip fone works at last! Huzzah!

At first the gal on the phone (with a weird accent, of course) LOST all my minutes!  Took 2 hrs on here to fix that and get the new phone working so I can call and be called.

Hurray!

Vermonter
Best Buy helped me set mine up. They have been good on the follow up
Best Buy helped me set mine up. They have been good on the follow up

Yes, their Geek Squad is excellent. Leave it to the professionals.
I have finally climbed the mountain. Some help on line, some from my daughter and some experimentation = voila! Now I enjoy the little thing!

Vermonter
"I have finally climbed the mountain. Some help on line, some from my daughter and some experimentation = voila! Now I enjoy the little thing!

Vermonter "

Don't worry.
You'll get past that as well.

Howie52