Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
My employer's 403B plan limits my investments to Fidelity Family of Funds. Apart from investing in their S&P 500 index clone (US Equity Index Fund), is there any Fidelity vehicle that Fools know of that mimics the Dow Dividend strategy? I feel stuck having to direct my retirement savings totally into mutual funds. I'd prefer to follow the Foolish Four.

One investor asked about directing his/her IRA into individual stocks. Is this possible for fixed 403B plans?

Thanks for any advice/help.
Print the post Back To Top
You'll need to talk to Fidelity to see if a Dogs of the Dow fund is available. Speak to your plan sponsor to see if a self directed option is available.

Phil

.02 for SOS
Greetings, JCurtiss, and welcome. You asked:

<<My employer's 403B plan limits my investments to Fidelity Family of Funds. Apart from investing in their S&P 500 index clone (US Equity Index Fund), is there any Fidelity vehicle that Fools know of that mimics the Dow Dividend strategy? I feel stuck having to direct my retirement savings totally into mutual funds. I'd prefer to follow the Foolish Four.

One investor asked about directing his/her IRA into individual stocks. Is this possible for fixed 403B plans?>>

To my knowledge, Fidelity offers no open-ended mutual fund that follows a "Dogs of the Dow" strategy. Such vehicles are the province of Unit Investment Trusts normally. As to using a 403b plan for the purchase of individual stocks, that can't be done. 403b plan money may be invested in annuities or mutual funds only.

Regards…..Pixy