Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 8
<rant>
Ever notice how tons of people say that they will do whatever you need whenever your family member is sick/in the hospital, and yet sometimes you still can't get what you need?

I need the following:

a) I need to not have to worry about working while this crap is going on. I have a great work ethic - fabulous in fact. Yet, even if you let me work remotely I really wish I didn't HAVE to. Yes, I know I can go negative on PTO (since I'm brand new at my job) but who the heck wants to do that when they may get sick themselves?

b) I need a big fat bowl of red thai curry with some duck or chicken in it, thankyouverymuch. What I end up with is Taco John's. Not.The.Same.

c) I need lessons on how to help bathe a big guy so's he gets clean and we don't create a swimming pool in the hospital room.

d) I need sleep. A lot of it. PLEASE.

e) I need everyone to shut their fat trap about how much more or less time I should be spending at the hospital with my hubby. I don't want to spend FIVE SECONDS here, you jacka$$es. I also don't want to spend FIVE SECONDS away from him, either. I will do what makes sense to me on a given day and you can subsequently kiss my butt if you don't like it.

f) I need someone to mow my lawn. Nobody wants to do this.

g) I need someone to do my laundry.

</rant>
I will grant you, some of the above are things that I haven't really bothered people with - mostly because I can only infringe upon people so much, but also because the people I should most be able to infringe upon would look at me like i'm a Bad Wife if I told them the thing I need most is a bowl of red curry and assurance that my grass is going to get cut.

I'm tired.

d
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.