Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
To make this simple lets' call one company A and the other B. I worked for company A for 10 years and participated in their 401K. Then company B bought them out and after 2 years is now allowing me to participate in their 401k. Unfortunately I was told by company B that I could not roll my 401k money from company A to company B's 401k plan and for some "legal" reson that was not explained I am not allowed to either contributed of roll over my 401k money from company A to an IRA.

There might be a simple answer to this but I don't know why I cannot at least roll my money in the 401k from company A to an IRA since I am no longer able to participate in it....

Thanks for any help....
Print the post  

Announcements

Live Video Event Monday!
The GP team is hosting a live video event on Monday at 4 p.m. ET. Don't worry if you can't make it — we'll have a replay and a transcript. Click for more!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.