Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Stupid CANUCKS!!!

{You do know the TD stands for Toronto Dominion, right?}

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TD_Ameritrade

Buy USA.
Print the post Back To Top
And without telling me, they charged my $40 for the checks!!! Fidelity never charged me for checks. I so do not like this TDA, but my advisor moved there and I went along with.

Birgit
No. of Recommendations: 3
You need to get a new advisor.
TDAmerica has the most annoying website.
You cannot set up your MRD/RMD distributions online.

They need to take lessons from Fidelity.

Can you set up an RMD online with the Fidelity website?

I was unable to set up a 403(b) withdrawal online with Fidelity and had to speak with a CSA, but it didn't take long. She said that I would have to do that again next year if I wanted to make another withdrawal. I am retired and past retirement age but it wasn't a required withdrawal and there are some other oddities since I worked for a non-profit and could withdraw it as housing allowance.

I just got the general impression that you needed to speak with someone to make a retirement fund withdrawal at Fidelity.
No. of Recommendations: 5
TDA is being subsumed into Schwab. A customer rep, IIRC, said it should be completed by end of 2021.
https://welcome.schwab.com/?src=SEM&ef_id=EAIaIQobChMIxZ...

Perhaps that will be a better experience?

Hmmm... 1000 TDA folks axed due to the merger? That should improve customer service between now and the final closure?
https://riabiz.com/a/2020/12/11/schwab-td-ameritrade-merger-...

I have accounts at both TDA and Schwab. I find the web pages for the computer and mobile app for both companies, a bit cumbersome. I think it's due to having been developed for a NON-cloud, and trying to transition from a system developed for non-cloud environment to a Cloud environment.

So far, I've not, and do not plan to write physical checks from either company. I plan to be electronic. I have transferred money from TDA, more or less painlessly, to my local credit union.

😷
ralph
Ooops should be Ameritrade. I have no problem with my advisor so not about to change. But a few years ago he moved from Fidelity to TDAMERITRADE. I just dislike their useless website and wait time to speak with anyone. I wish my advisor hadn’t made the move. Mostly I need to have my advisor make changes, requests which is ridiculous. The merge with Schwann is taking forever.

Ranting Birgit
We love Etrade. We have an advisor at Etrade whom we can contact via email or a phone call. He is fast at getting back to us. Their website is great to use, and has all the features we would ever want. We have had them for years.

Footsox
No. of Recommendations: 1
I have transferred money from TDA, more or less painlessly, to my local credit union.

Coincidently, I just left TDA's site having scheduled a taxable account to Roth account contribution and an additional deposit to the taxable account from my credit union.

These have always gone smoothly for me.

Credit union provides me with free checks which last me a long time. I only use checks for 2 purposes: paying local taxes and anything horse related (clinics, farrier, monthly boarding fee etc.)

Everything else is electronic. I routinely go months without using cash.
No. of Recommendations: 2
For the first two years, after my advisor left Fidelity, TDA had a website split in two which they have finally consolidated. It seems most anything I want to get done/changed I need to go through my advisor (who is very accommodating), but I prefer to accomplish these things on my own. I believe TDA has a cap on how much you can transfer from your accounts to your checking account online. Therefore, sometimes writing a check is necessary.

When I tried to contact TDA via phone, two tries and it would not accept my Acct#!!! After a ½ hr wait I finally got a live person to answer the phone and guess what? He accepted my Acct.# and I was able to order checks, but not informed of the $40 charge. My advisor is deducting the amount from my fee. If they remember.

I guess I really miss my old financial company who has a wonderful user friendly website.

Happy New Year.....may it be an improvement over the last year.

Birgit
I've never had an issue with TD Ameritrade. My calls to them go through in less than 30 seconds (usually much faster). I've done frequent transfers to and from my bank at Bank of America with only a small delay.

I'm sure they can improve their service in many ways, but, I have never tried to get them to give RMDs or other automated withdrawals.
No. of Recommendations: 1
TDA--On the phone for 40 minutes this morning waiting for someone to answer. Don't know if this is caused by Covid or thinning out of employees.

My purpose was to correct my RMD distribution which I do monthly at first of the month. TDA waited until the 4th and neglected to deduct my Federal and State Taxes!!! My advisor set this up in November and the TDA employee did find that taxes were to be deducted from my RMD distributions. So they have to do a "do-over." However, that took an hour of my time to correct. And I will need to check tonight if they actually did their job.

Cudos to you who have such a good experience with TDA......not my experience.

Birgit.
Stupid CANUCKS!!!

{You do know the TD stands for Toronto Dominion, right?}

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TD_Ameritrade

Buy USA.