Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 7
Seattle city leaders throw support behind defunding SPD by 50%

https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/seattle-city-leaders-throw-...
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 11
The concept of blaming the police for increased crime because the police see
they get no political backup and do not attempt to stop and investigate suspicious
activities observed seems to ignore the fault in politicians not backing up the
police force they supposedly are managing.

Howie52
The police report to the mayor - the mayor does not report to the police.
If there is a fault - having the fault mysteriously float to the lowest
level seems just a tad disingenuous
No. of Recommendations: 11
The police report to the mayor - the mayor does not report to the police.
If there is a fault - having the fault mysteriously float to the lowest
level seems just a tad disingenuous

But the politicians are Democrats, and therefore without fault. (Granted in Seattle the offices of city council and mayor are officially nonpartisan - makes it easier to hide that there hasn't been anyone to the political right of Karl Marx, or more competent to run a city government than Chico Marx, in either place in at least 50 years.)

Police tend to think things like law and order are more important to their function than political correctness, so they are a suitable place for the blame to land when political correctness leads to disaster.
No. of Recommendations: 0
Police tend to think things like law and order are more important to their function than political correctness

On what planet?
No. of Recommendations: 3
Seattle city leaders throw support behind defunding SPD by 50%

City of Seattle held segregated training session for white staff aimed at 'undoing their whiteness' and told them 'not to take undeserved promotions' to be better allies for racial justice:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8504187/City-Seattl...
No. of Recommendations: 5
Police tend to think things like law and order are more important to their function than political correctness

On what planet?

Wait...you think that there are police who think that political correctness is more important to policing that law and order? Did you react before reading, or do you really think there are police who prioritize political correctness to law and order?
No. of Recommendations: 3
1- me - Police tend to think things like law and order are more important to their function than political correctness

2 - On what planet?

3 - Wait...you think that there are police who think that political correctness is more important to policing that law and order?

Me again: *I* think there are police who put political correctness ahead of law and order. However, I think they are a very small minority of police. This is why my original post said "tend to".