Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
So we just got back from a 1 1/2 month RV trip. It's taken me a while to go though all the credit card statements and I just realized that I never received the $17.99 credit from a campground that I had a receipt for. It had my name, city and campsite but NOT the 4 digits of the credit card number were NOT mine! ARG!!!!

I called the campground. Turns out they gave the credit to the friends we were traveling with. They wanted to call our friends and have them give me the $17.99. What if it was credited to someone I didn't know? I wanted the campground to make good. Well long story short I was told since this happened on Sept. 5th I was past the 30 days to dispute the charge. I told them I'd go on Social Media and report this...they said go ahead...so I will! The first person hung up on me when I said I wanted them to fix this. Second person I talked to said they would take care of it and I asked when I could expect a call back. They said the next day which would have been Tuesday. I called again today and when I threatened to dispute the charge they hung up on me again...and then put the phone line on the answer machine.

I found out from the FTC that I had 60 days to dispute the charge. I called my Credit Card and disputed the amount I had coming. They took care of it. I guess I should have gone to them first and saved myself the aggravation, but they say to try to work things out with the business.

Campground to avoid is Grand Canyon Camper Village (not the one inside the National Park), 549 Camper Village Lane, Tusayan, AZ. The campground gets low reviews anyways because it's not that great of a park. The ONLY thing it has going for it is it's location to the Grand Canyon!

Utahtea
...but I still am...

off2report on other platforms! (my sweet revenge)
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.