Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
What the hedge fund manager who played the mortgage mess better than anyone thinks about where we're headed

Even though I do not have a Bloomberg terminal, I subscribe to Bloomberg Magazine. It's very well done. While perusing the new issue at lunch today I came across a fascinating article about Paolo Pellegrini. A native Italian who attended Harvard business school, Pellegrini was one of the key people at John Paulson's hedge fund when it made its staggeringly successful bet against sub-prime mortgages that propelled Paulson's Credit Opportunities fund to a 589.6% gain in 2007.

Mr. Pellegrini has since left Paulson's fund to work on his own hedge fund, PSQR. It's always difficult to tell if someone is a one-hit wonder as many of the perma-bears who had been calling for the demise of the markets for decades were...even a stopped clock is right twice per day, but the PSQR macro fund has produced extremely strong returns thus far (2008 and 2009 YTD) so that lends even more credibility to Pellegrini.

Here's what he has to say about where he thinks things are headed:

CONTINUED...

http://caps.fool.com/Blogs/ViewPost.aspx?bpid=277339&t=0...

Deej
Global Gains Home Fool
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.