Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
such a reference suggests to me that he has improved upon the bicycle.

Perhaps, in a certain sense, but that doesn't jive with the statements of IT being an "alternative to products that are dirty, expensive, sometimes dangerous and often frustrating, especially for people in the cities."

That description certainly sounds like an automobile, and couple it with the statement about having a big, broad impact not only on social institutions but some billion-dollar old-line companies, and I don't know what else it could be.

The question is what could get people to leave the insular safety of their cars enmasse? I cannot imagine any sort vehicle open to the environment that would do so unless it was extremely safe, manuevarable, reliable, effortless, and comfortable. Even then, one more ingredient might be necessary - flight. But at less than $2000 that hardly seems possible.

Perhaps with the use of helium -not as fuel, helium is an inert gas, and so is not suitable as fuel that I know of short of nuclear reactions. But perhaps he is using it as flotation and created a mini hover craft.

Again referenceing "Back to the Future Part II" ( a horrible movie) they had those flying skateboards.

Perhaps Kamen is the good doctor himself and has a time machine.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.