Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 21
It's pretty clear that the near term price pressure on WCG is not related to the company's operations. It's the preceived bad news factor (PBNF) aka The Enron Factor (EF). Actually, EF=PBNF x 10.

It's also pretty clear that the PBNF of all the pending law suits aka the legal factor (LF) have dropped the WCG share price (SP) by about 50%. According to recent press releases, the plantifs, a few PO'ed WCG share holders, (AFPOEDWCGSH) are sueing because, ITO, the actions of the defendants, WCG management, caused the share price of WCG to fall resulting in financial damages to the afore mentioned AFPOEDWCGSH. IMHO the actions of AFPOEDWCGSH through their lawyers, have now caused the WCG share price to fall even farther. In other words, the SP is being impacted by the SOB factor. I guess I could hire a good honest lawyer (GHSOB) and sue AFPOEDWCGSH. Because, I am now PO'ed that my WCG SP is in the crapper because of the EF, AFPOEDWCGSH and the SOBs.

So, what's the lesson here. Have I learned anything? Perhaps it's that in managing my portfolio on a day to day basis; when I am trying to project the current share price (CSP) to a possible target range share price for WCG or any company for three months (3MITF) to twelve months (12MITF)in the future, I could use the following formulas:

SP@3MITF=CSP-ERFxPBNF/SOBF
SP@12MITF=EPSX15toEPSX20

In my somewhat limited experience, long term share prices are more likely to be a product of the company's actual profit/loss picture while the near term share price is more likely to be a product of the BS Factor. And, when there are profits to discuss there is a lot less BS.

All the best.

Bub

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.