Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Poetry anyone. I did some work in the Rare Book Department at UNC as a grad student. One of the things I did was come up with a mock exhibit for the Frost Collection. It was a biographical exhibit told, in part, through his own poetry. I have a list of poems that span his career and some bio material written up for each one. If anyone is interested, we could start a discussion where we go through Frost's life (he had a fascinating and tragic tragic tragic tragic life) reading and discussing selected poems along the way (the focus would be on the poetry). I could post a list of poems and we can start there. As we progress, anyone who wants to participate can suggest other poems as we wind our way through his life. I think this would be a great way to read his poetry as much of it seems to have his life imbedded in it.

It seems to me that Frost has taken on this weird position as American poet. We think of him as this friendly gentle white haired man who writes about snow and nature. To me his work seems much deeper and darker...

FREE POETRY!!!!

I have found that there is a lot of Frost Poetry available on the web so I don't think anyone would have to buy any books to participate. If you are interested, post a reply so we have an idea of numbers.

1fw
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.