Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0

Okay, okay. What did today's hour of research bring? Well, I now know that Dr. Yen's patent is forward cited a respectable 7 times. The two sulphco patents I looked up were not forward cited at all. Also the patents are in differing fields. One for the cracking and another entirely separate patent for making the sound. Hmmmm. Strange.

A blocking patent also seems to exist that is assigned to one Mark Cullen, called Treatment of crude oil fractions, fossil fuels, and products thereof with sonic energy. This patent issues in 03 seems to generalize Yen's patent, but it's terms sound too broad to me. (The abstract reads, I kid you not, "In crude oil fractions, fossil fuels, and organic liquids in general in which it is desirable to reduce the levels of sulfur-containing and nitrogen containing components, the process reduces the level of these compounds via teh application of sonic energy. The process can be performed both with and without the added presence of an oxidizing agent, and with or without elevated temp and or pressure. The invention is performed either as a continuous process or a batch process." This is just gobblygook and good case of another patent examiner who should have be laid out to pasture.

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.