Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 3
Sure did.

I was at the game last night and the showed the play about 6 times on the "big screen" before the call and another 3 times after the call.

I've never heard boos that loud even back in the Rich Kotite (sp?) days.

I still don't see how they came to the conclusion. Coles had control of the ball in the air, landed on one foot, dragged the other (while still maintaining control) and didn't bobble it until after his elbow hit the ground. Once you have control of the ball with both feet on the ground in the endzone it is a touchdown regardless of what happens afterwards.

Like a RB who reaches for and breaks the plane of the goal line with the ball and then has the ball knocked away...it's a TD since once the plane is broken, the play is over.

No doubt in my mind...they were hosed on the call.

In the long run though, it may be Houston, Green Bay, San Francisco, Baltimore, or most ironically New Orleans that gets hosed if the Jets end up with the #1 pick come April because of this call.

John(andLori)
J-E-T-S, Just End The Season!
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.