Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Sure, look at your condo documents and see what are the rules under which a special meeting can be called. I have not looked at ours for some time, but I expect they say you need the written request of 50% of the beneficial interest of the condo to call a special meeting without the consent of the Trustees.

While you are looking at the documents, you might see whether the prohibition on "For Sale" signs is not already in there. It is, in ours. So is a prohibition on pets.

Typically, it is hard to change condo documents. In ours, it takes a vote of 2/3 of the beneficial interest.
Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.