Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I will have my diseased eye removed tomorrow. The pain and double vision have become too much for me to handle. I will be fitted with the "new" eye in 4-6 weeks. I moved this surgery up as I was diagnosed with prostate cancer 10 days ago. I will have the prostate (Stage I, VERY early) out in August. I had originally scheduled the eye surgery for July 2nd, but with this new diagnosis the surgeon was kind enough to work with me and move it up for me. So, ocular melanoma and now prostate cancer.

David
Print the post Back To Top
{{{{{Dave}}}}}

I'll think good thoughts for you.

Nancy
When it rains, it pours! I wish you the best outcomes possible - and then some.

PM
{{{{{Dave}}}}}

Will be praying for you, too

A/L
No. of Recommendations: 5
Thank you all for the kind words and thoughts. I have another doctors appointment with my liver oncologist and my lymphoma oncologist (luckily in the same office at the same time) prior to having the prostate removed. (ocular melanoma mets to the liver about 95% of the time...so far clear. I have two suspicious nodes near my spinal cord that are being monitored...hence the lymphoma oncologist).

Good news about having the eye removed: No more pain, no more double vision (on a scale of 16 mine is a 14), no more trips to the ocular oncologist who is 5 hours away, and no more retinal doctors appointments ( the last two were always checking for tumor re-growth in my eye). In addition, I can get my new eye and ditch the patch prior to Halloween so I can avoid the pirate comments.

Bad news about the surgery: I can't lift anything for 2-3 weeks. That's about all.

We found out last week that we will have our first grandchild, a baby girl, this fall. We are so excited! When I was first diagnosed 10 years ago this fall I hoped I would see certain milestones....with no guarantee: seeing my kids graduate from eighth grade (their school still holds a commencement for this), seeing my daughter dressed for her prom, seeing my kids graduate from high school, walking my daughter down the long aisle at her wedding, and now I will get to hold my first grandbaby. All of this is truly about living with cancer and being blessed with each new day. I have been so blessed with excellent doctors and continue to place my trust in them.

David
Hooray! A Grandbaby!
Yes, you are blessed to see these life-marks.

A/L